Find below some of the most frequently asked questions. The expected answer is not there: contact us! Contact us !
Attention: for any technical questions or concerning the start of your Flipr, click here click here
General Information about Flipr
Flipr measures the level of disinfectant (chlorine or bromine), PH level, water conductivity and water temperature. Thanks to our artificial intelligence and predictive algorithms, Flipr is able to detect irregularities in alkalinity (TAC), or in the hardness (TH) of water. Flipr does not just give you a data: every measure is accompanied by clear and precise information about how to keep your water healthy. Finally, the application offers a weather service, as well as many tips to maintain and enjoy your pool.
No subscription will be required. The price includes Flipr, the object to place in the water, and its use. Simply place Flipr in your pool to start working and sending data. The application is completely free, and downloadable on the AppStore Apple and Google Play Store.
Order and delivery
Please find our delivery cost for foreign country :
- South Africa : 170 ZAR. Delivery in 4-7 days.
You can pay by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), PayPal or Bank Transfer.
In South Africa, Flipr is available in some specialists pools shops and supermarkets. Do not hesitate to contact us: we will communicate you the nearest official retailer.
Flipr care and warranty
- Off season: we advise you to leave Flipr of the water (example: from October to March). All you have to do is place it in wintering mode. In this case, the application will guide you step by step (very simple).
- At the beginning of the season: when you place Flipr in water, a calibration of the sensors will have to be carried out. This operation, very easy, will be explained to you by the application. Just follow the steps.
- In season: Nothing to do!
- Every two or three years: The Flipr battery has a lifetime of 3 years. It is also advisable to change the sensors after 2 years. We offer various services all included to ensure this maintenance.
- The battery: the battery has a lifetime of 3 seasons (one season = 7 months of use). It is not rechargeable.
- The sensors : all our sensors have a lifetime of 2 seasons.
- When the batteries or probes are depleted, we offer an all-including replacement service. You don’t make anything: we take Flipr from your home(1), make the replacement, and send it back. The service includes the change of components, labor and transport(1). This service guarantees the watertightness of your Flipr.
- Battery change: 1499 ZAR
- Change 1 sensor: 1889 ZAR
- Replacement 2 sensors: 2199 ZAR
- 3 years maintenance pack (battery + 2 probes): 2899 ZAR
Of course ! You benefit from a 1 year manufacturer warranty. This warranty covers all parts of the Flipr. For more information about the warranty and its support, see our terms and conditions.
Sigfox network and Connection
To test your connection, we invite you to provide us with your complete mailing address on this page. We will reply as soon as possible.
- You can use bluetooth: you just need to be near the Flipr to recover the data.
- You can assert your right of withdrawal: You have 14 days from the day you have receiving your product. You’ll have to send back the product, and we will reimburse you (excluding return costs, 200 ZAR).
Location and fixing of Flipr
Yes, you can place Flipr in the Skimmer, if it is big enough. Nevertheless, we advise against it: the skimmer is often the place where one places its pebbles of chlorine. Placing Flipr near the pebbles could distort the results of Chlorine analyzes. On the other hand, residues and wastes in the skimmer could also distort some results.
A part of the Flipr must remain imperatively out of the water in order to be able to continue to transmit data.
The Flipr App
- iPhone using iOS10 (minimum iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C)
- Smartphone using Android 4.4 minimum.
For now the application is only available for smartphones.
To date, we do not provide Flipr APIs. A program is under consideration for mid-spring 2018.
- If you use Sigfox (what we recommend): you can be on the other side of the world and manage to recover the data from your pool.
- If you are using Bluetooth: you must be within a radius of 8m around your Flipr.
We will be very happy to offer Flipr to your customers! Find our contact details on this page, and contact us for a demo.